London is full of daffodils. They are everywhere. We visited so many enchanting parks during our stay and the color yellow surrounded us. We probably had an abnormal London experience because the weather was beautiful making it possible to be outside all the time and walk everywhere. (Aside from using the wonderful underground tube!)
We rented a room in an old couple’s flat and were not prepared for what we experienced there! The wife was away in Switzerland skiing and we were left with 77-year-old John for our entire stay. I wish I could put into words what this man was like. He is an self taught artist with art in the famous V and A museum which he reminded us about every 3 minutes. He would walk into our room randomly just to chat if we didnt keep our door locked. He gave us a 6am wake up call to remind us about breakfast at 9am AND supposedly his son is in the Russian Mafia One day at breakfast he was telling us his agent never paid him our deposit. Here is his quote, “My son can contact his people and they will blow his head off.” Very interesting man. But dont worry, we made it out alive.
Here is my favorites list for London (in no particular order):
2. Sitting in lawn chairs in St. James Park
3. Walking across all the bridges
4. Big Ben and the House of Parlament
5. Meeting up with friends we met earlier in our travels
6. Billy Elliot
7. Jogging through Hyde park with Laura
8. Platform 9 and 3/4 (of course)
9. The underground
10. Daffodils. So many daffodils.
11. Getting a library card and feeling like we were home for a week
12. Sunday church at Westminster Abby
London was incredible. All that I hoped it would be.